2 Weeks After Infection...




Nope... I didn't turn into a zombie.. [refering to the Left 4 Dead montage]
...it never ceases my craziness about this game [Left 4 Dead 1 or 2]... and that's not what I want to tell you all in this entry...

(:::[ ]:::)  (:::[ ]:::)  (:::[ ]:::)

Salaam... [May Peace Be Upon You] 

This is my story where I came across the possibility of the H1N1 virus. It's a pandemic virus which associates with Swine Flu and Bird Flu. What I know it's dangerous and might be caused by death.

(:::[ ]:::) 27th April 2010 (:::[ ]:::) 

Since the morning I was sneezing non-stop.. not sure what caused it. By evening, it gets worse... due to an upcoming event (One of the biggest event in my life! Click Here to know more...) I've taken 2 nos of paracetamol and go to sleep.

(:::[ ]:::) 28th April 2010 (:::[ ]:::)

Woke up around 5:30 am. After taking a leak, suddenly my right arms feel numb or like muscle cramps. My body still does not feel any better. After a while, my left arms started to feels the same. I seriously don't know what actually is happening to me and there was no one around (home alone for 3 days...) so with all my strength that I got left - refresh myself, tidy a bit the house and drove myself to the emergency at the hospital...

First at something called triage - sorry I'm not familiar with medical terms. The first diagnosis told me - I got a really high fever and I have to go to the Red Zone area (i didn't know before that this is to identify which 'Zone' level of sickness are and for them to identify how to act after that - I think red for REAL emergency...)

After that, my blood pressure and temperature are taken again... 

More 'ice cream' sticks enter my mouth. This time more serious movement happen. Going for X-ray. My blood sample is taken. My fever is still very high too, they told me that I will be admitted as ILI [Influenza-Like-Illness] on the Isolation ward and they need to do the follow up due to H1N1. They asked about where was I and who stay with me at the moment. They started with Tami-flu and an IV drip is punched on my wrist. Oxygen was given half an hour afterwards [i think] and I slowly fade away. I don't know if the medicine but all I know a few hours later, it's already 9 or 10am. I just realized that my boss and my parents didn't know about me yet. 

After a few text messages back and forth - I've arrived at the Isolation Ward. The moment I step in (yes, I still manage to walk with IV drip hahaha... even the nurse insist me to sit in the wheelchair or stretcher). 

I saw 2 or 3 nurses in hurry do this and that, I thought there's an emergency or something but actually to get ready for my area. They also wearing super-full protection I never see before. I was like...,


Yup, they wear few layers of gloves, a plastic apron, face mask, medical gown or suit I don't know what the name of it and before they enter my room - they will need to prep themself with those in a room between my room and the corridor, sanitise then enter. Same when they came out of my room, they need to take out everything but left the last layer of gloves, plastic apron, face mask before out to the corridor. Not just the nurse, even from the doctor to cleaner need to go through the same process.

Anyway, Isolation Ward..urmm, well.. as it's named already.. so yes, all patients will be in individual room. Mine was Room number 6. From that moment, I face a new experience in my life... Hospitalized!

Every hour a nurse will come in and take a drop or two of my blood. There's more bag with clear liquid hanging above me. A tube was attached to my nose. Something was clipped on my finger... (i think it's to monitor my oxygen level) and more blood sample taken. My throat has been invaded by a swab (to test for H1N1). Very very painful experience. I can't have any visitor - cant even eats yet.. instead, I only can drink plain water for the first 24 hours.

I remember seeing my Mader [read: Mother] peeping from a window outside the isolation ward as no visitor can enter the room. I can't get up at that time due to all the tube and whatever wires on me. I only can see a little bit of my Mader [Read: Mother] which is from eyes above. It's heartbreaking, I cant hear my Mader's voice as the room is sound-proof. I make a call to my big bro and speak to my Mader asking for her forgiveness and say my gratitude for all her hardship just in case I won't make it alive.

Seems that the room was freaking quiet - napping is the only solutions for now.  That's the only way to stop the tears.

Little that I know, it's a long night for me...

(:::[ ]:::) 29th April 2010 (:::[ ]:::)

Still on treatment as ILI [Influenza-Like-Illness] patient. One of the most painful experience was when the Antibiotic is injected through the IV tube... Perrggghhh~ and of course when they need to pierce a small tiny blade to get a drop of blood for a sample. If just once, I can deal with it but for every hour?? Can't lied to say it DOES hurt!


In the morning, my fever still high!

The doctor does round checking and ask me to rest and drink water.

I just kept praying to Mercy Allah with the hope that my H1N1 test will turn negative and my health will getting better.

By evening, Alhamdulillah it's getting better I think as the oxygen tube was taken away. Less liquid enter my body and my throat swab result came out negative. Alhamdulillah and Thank you, Allah! 

Even the nurse who told me the news also was very happy because ever since she took care of me, she has to take really good precaution for herself. She has to take bath before go home and check on herself just in case.

Then thing started to get better, I can start eating as normal, can take bath. Thanks to my Mader, even she can't meet me - she still sends some books for me to read. Yet, I did cry when the doctor told me that I won't be able to discharge soon. I was frustrated. I can say 'bye bye' to my vacation with my best friend, there's no chance to attend the concert that I've had longed for and looking forward to going to.. and worst-case scenario - I MISS MY MADER! (it's been 4 days since the last time I saw my mum...)


That night, there's still nothing I can do but reading and sleep.

(:::[ ]:::) 30th April 2010 (:::[ ]:::)

what's left...

More good news. The doctor told me I'm officially H1N1 free. My fever really now gone. Blood pressure - normal. My ECG - normal and I can be discharged today and go vacay! Yay, in addition to my good news - I don't need to quarantine myself.. more yay!!

By 4.30pm I'm out of there..!!

By the way, as a blood donor, the hospital bill is waived! Alhamdulillah.



(:::[ ]:::) Treated Well (:::[ ]:::)

I'm so thankful to all staff nurses especially whoever involved in Room 6 from 28th April 2010 until 30th April 2010 for taking very good care of me. Always give me hope to recover. Friendliness touched my heart dearly...

I remember I once asked one of the staff nurses their name, she suddenly turned animated. Imagine a stranger covered in lots of plastic apron and outfits, latex gloves, masked face and medical hair cap - invaded your room, taking your blood... 

Alienated? 

LOL... That's why she suddenly became animated.., laughing for not introducing herself. It's aight, still my heroes you all. Lalalala~♥

(Picture of my sister...) 

So in conjunction with Nurses' Day... I would love to extend my Thank You to all Nurses in the world - especially to my sister (she is a Staff Nurse too) and the Nurses that took care of me...


*:.  .:(:::[ ]:::) Happy Nurses' Day!! (:::[ ]:::) *:.  .:*

Your kindness and tenderness care are never repaid! Keep up the good work!

Thank you once again!


NTGravity: try to take care of my health... I hope~

(:::[ ]:::)

Haiittt~!!!

You Might Also Like

2 Rants Found

NTGravitians.. you have something to say?
Please do... Thanks~♥!